The fathers of Heavy Metal, rock band Iron Maiden, used the “Ed Force One” Boeing 747-400 Jumbo Jet on their “The Book of Souls” World Tour in 2016. Vocalist Bruce Dickinson, who is a commercial pilot, trained for his license to fly the massive 4 engine jet and Revell has commemorated the occasion by recreating it as a 1/144 scale model! During previous tours, the band had their jets re-painted with graphics depicting their famous, sometimes controversial, mascot “Eddie the Head”, and they continue with that tradition. The World Tour 2016 took the band, crew and over 12 tons of equipment more than 55,000 miles around the planet, visiting every continent and 35 different countries, including their first show in China. Rock out your civil aviation collection!.
- Every Iron Maiden fan that wishes they could have seen “Ed Force One” up close needs this 85-piece model kit
- Kit features a detailed decal set of the authentic “Ed Force One” graphics, including the list of concert tour cities
- Kit includes (4) CF-6 engines, detailed landing gear that can be extended or retracted, an a detailed under-wing
- 1/144 scale plane is 19.29″ L with a 17.5′ wingspan
- This kit is recommended for ages 12 years and up. Required paint and glue sold separately