The NewRay Pilot model kits are model kits that do not need glue. The kits are different from the typical model kits with runners where one would cut away the parts and glue them together. These models come as disassembled toys/models. The major assemblies are kept together by screws; usually 4 to 6 are enough. Some minor parts such as the vertical stabilizer (vertical fin) are snap fit. They are pre-painted so they are ready to be displayed or played with right after assembly, which would usually take about 5 to 7 minutes. However, with a little bit of paint/permanent marker, one can greatly enhance the look of these models. All in all it would be a great gift to an 8 year old or a “low cost practice platform” for model builders trying to improve their painting/weathering/detailing techniques.
- Highly detailed. Good entry point for scale model collecting.
- Accurate paint scheme and markings. Includes optional stand
- No glue or paints required. Ready for display or play after assembly
- Assembly uses screws. Screws and screwdriver included. Easy assembly
- Retractable landing gear. Approximately 8.25 inches in length and 7 inches wingspan.