The DJI Phantom Quad copter with Go Pro Mount Version 1.1.1 is a quad-rotor RC helicopter that acts as an aerial platform for a Go Pro HERO action camera. This product will appeal to a variety of potential users, from RC aircraft hobbyists seeking the ability to mount a camera so they can record their flights, to videographers and photographers looking to open up a whole new range of shooting possibilities. Version 1.1.1 of The DJI Phantom adds a number of small upgrades over previous versions for easier set-up and more-reliable performance. New, Self Tightening propeller blades make set-up easy and protect against loose propeller blades causing in-flight vibrations. New Dual Receivers in the Phantom 1.1.1 and a new transmitter with an upgraded circuit board help increase the Phantoms operating range and help protect against wireless interference. And the new Naza-M V2 GPS autopilot software has better control and more accurate GPS stabilization. The Phantom can achieve a maximum horizontal flight speed of 33 ft./s and can ascend and descend at up to 20 ft./s. It comes with 2.4GHz Transmitter (TX) that features an operational range of up to 984′ line-of-sight. The controller draws power from readily available AA batteries. Please note that many Wi-Fi systems, including the Wi-Fi used on Go Pro HERO cameras, also operate on 2.4GHz and may interfere with the transmitter. Take care to ensure the Go Pro’ s Wi-Fi is turned off with operating this quad copter.
- Complete quadcopter and remote transmitter, pre-tuned by the factory and ready in minutes! Just charge the included battery, attach the propellers and landing gear, and add 4 AA batteries to the remote and you’re flying.
- Fun flying by itself or even better with a GoPro to record the action. Tested with Hero2, Hero3 and Hero3+ models, sold separately. Produce dramatic cinema-quickly results from the air! Note: Wi-Fi streaming from a camera is not possible because it may interfere with the Phantom’s remote control.
- Outdoor flight is made possible by advanced GPS positioning that compensates for light wind. The Phantom has a fail-safe function and can be configured to automatically fly to and land at its take-off position if connection to the transmitter is lost. Note: indoor flight or operation by persons under 18 years of age is NOT recommended.
- With a maximum horizontal speed of 22 miles/hour (10 meters/second), the Phantom lets you capture the action of almost any sport, event or scene.
- The Phantom’s high tech Naza-M autopilot system lets you configure advanced parameters via software (USB port and separate download required).