The North American P-5 l Mustang is viewed as one of the most iconic American fighters of the Second World War. Designed to an RAF specification the Mustang was transformed once the Rolls Royce Merlin engine was installed. Its long range and excellent firepower made it a superb escort fighter, able to protect the bombers all the way to Berlin and back. After the war the P-51 saw service in Korea and was used by some air aims up until the early 1980s.
- 1:72nd Scale WWII Military Aircraft Plastic Model Kit
- Flown by Lt. Eugene W James, 352nd Fighter Group, 328th Fighter Squadron, RAF Boney, Norfolk, England 1944
- Skill Level: 1 Number of Parts: 53
- Humbrol Paints needed are listed on the outside of the box
- Construction and painting required: yes, glue and paints need to be purchased separately